Our Acceptable Use Policy sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy. By browsing our site, you agree to the terms of this and all our website policies set out in our Terms and Conditions of Use – they apply to all visitors to our site however they may choose to interact with it.
We only consent to the lawful use of our site. This means you can’t use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which doesn’t comply with our content standards (see below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
As part of our agreement, you also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
‒ any part of our site;
‒ any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
‒ any software used in the provision of our site; or
‒ any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation,
- live chat
- bulletin boards
Where we do provide any interactive service, we’ll provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered.
We do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site. We’re not under any obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards (see below), whether the service is moderated or not.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
We both agree that you’ll comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. These standards apply to the whole or any part of any content contribution you make.
So, this means that your contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts)
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
It also means that your contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
Where we detect a suspected breach of this policy by you, we’ll confirm in our discretion whether it is in fact a breach. If we conclude that you have breached the policy, we have the right to take whatever remedial or protective action that we reasonably consider to be appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our terms of website use which contains our consent to your lawful use our site. This breach may result in us taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
If we believe that we have to do any of the above, we exclude liability for any of those actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. Ideally, you should check this page from time to time as these changes will also be binding on you.
You should read this policy in conjunction with the other terms and policies referred to in it.