NAMIR was formed as a non-profit making organisation in 1993 to provide a dedicated craft association for the profession of musical instrument repair. Members repair and make a wide range of instruments including woodwind, brass, fretted and non-fretted strings, pianos and percussion instruments.
The main objectives of the Association are to encourage a high standard of workmanship and customer care and to provide a means of information exchange on techniques and parts availability between members.
Benefits of Membership:
• Information exchange and networking with other members
• Two meetings a year with speakers
• One or two technical visits per year
• Quarterly magazine – ‘The Intrepid Repairer’
• Website listing for Professional members
• A website noticeboard and members’ forum.
• Use of the logo by Professional members
NAMIR Ltd holds a Spring Meeting and an Annual General Meeting in the autumn, both with guest speakers and well worth attending. Members receive a quarterly journal, The Intrepid Repairer, with a wide range of interesting articles. There are three levels of membership: Student, Professional and Associate.
Anyone interested in joining NAMIR can find further information on the following link.